We have several options, but it’s up to how you prefer it.
You can choose from the following options:
- Leave an authorization for a key release with the leasing office/concierge.
- Open the door for us if you plan to be there every cleaning appointment.
- Use lockbox (wall mounted or door hanging)
- Provide us with a code for your garage (if you don't have one, check this solution for less than $30)
- Do it the high tech way and install a Smart Lock, control it via your mobile device. Here are some good brands: August, Kwikset, Yale, CandyHouse.
- Lastly, hide it somewhere safe. Here are some ideas.
What happens once we leave?
We’ll lock the door and leave your key in the same place it was found (if applicable). If you live in an apartment or condo, please authorize us with the concierge or leasing office (remember, some need to receive your written authorization or email, and are often only open from 9am-5pm so make sure to schedule your services accordingly for us to pick up and return the key/card/fob).
During the booking process, you’ll be able to tell us how we should access your home.
We're no longer keeping keys with us anymore.
By the end of last year, our teams accidentally had misplaced several keys. Some while working, others had the unfortunate event of mixing them up after wrapping up their work day. This caused lots of wasted time, door rekeying, plus the pretty uncomfortable conversation with clients when informing them about the event—"We lost your keys" never sounds good :(. In light of prevention, we want to switch to more convenient and safer solutions to access your home as described above.